In order to hide sound design elements or stems from certain clients only, do not use the "Disable" function in the tab "Tracks Online" in the CND Music Tracker portal. The "Disable" function will affect all clients. Use the "Disable" function only to disable tracks for copyright/take down reasons.
To hide sound design elements or stems from certain clients only, there are two options:
If your existing metadata can be used to identify sound design elements or stems, we can apply a filter to hide these cues automatically for certain clients.
Here are some examples:
- The metadata field "TrackVersion" contains the word stem
- The metadata field "Title" contains the word stem
- The metadata field "Musical_Styles" contains the phrase "sound design"
You can download all your metadata in the tab "My Account" and verify if your metadata meets the requirement for automatic filtering.
If your metadata does not allow for automatic filtering, because keywords like "stem" or "sound design" e.g. are not used or have been used inconsistently, then you have to use option 2.
You download an Excel spreadsheet, specify the cues to be hidden and return the file to CND.
1. Download the Excel spreadsheet:
- Login to www.cndmusictracker.com
- Click on "Edit Metadata"
- Click on the link "Download" in the "Identify Sound Design & Stems" section
2. Edit the Excel spreadsheet:
- Open the .xlsx file in Excel
- Do not change Column A (RecID) - this is the identifier for the cue in the CND system !
- Do not change the first row - these are the column titles !
- Edit Column B (CBS_hide)
- Set to 1 , if the cue is a sound design element or stem
- Otherwise set it to 0 (zero)
To speed up the process you can use scripts or formulas in Excel e.g.
You can also use other software to modify the spreadsheet - at a minimum you have to return a .xlsx file with
- the column titles in row 1
- Column A (RecID) and Column B (CBS_hide)
3. Return the Excel spreadsheet:
- Email the edited .xlsx to support @ creativenetworkdesign.com